Home > Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Enacted: April 1, 2014
Amended: March 31, 2020
Amended: March 31, 2022
Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems
Chairman Akio Shiibashi
Article 1 Basic Policy
The purposes of Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems (hereinafter referred to as J-LIS) is to conduct clerical work provided in the laws such as Resident Register System Law (Act No. 81 of 1967) and other rationalization of administrative affairs of local public bodies and to contribute to the promotion of the welfare of residents. In order to prevent unauthorized access and other negative events such as loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information collected in all of its business operations performed to achieve these purposes, J-LIS sets out this policy as the standard of conduct to be complied with by directors and employees, ensures thorough compliance of the policy, constructs Personal Information Protection Management Systems in accordance with Q15001 (Personal Information Protection Management Systems – Requirements) of JIS (which is Japanese Industrial Standards under Paragraph 1, Article 17 of the Industrial Standardization Law (Act No. 185 of 1949)) and appropriately operates the System.
Article 2 Efforts of J-LIS
- Directors and employees of J-LIS shall comply with laws and regulations, guidelines established by the government and other related standards concerning the handling of personal information.
- J-LIS creates and maintains a structure of responsibility for implementation and operation of Personal Information Protection Management Systems.
- J-LIS provides its directors and employees with educational programs concerning personal information protection on a regular basis.
- Appoint a person in charge of internal audits to periodically audit the status of the measures taken to protect personal information.
- J-LIS continuously reviews Personal Information Protection Management Systems in an effort to improve the systems.
Article 3 Handling of personal information
- J-LIS clearly defines that collection and use of personal information shall be within the scope of its business operations and provision of personal information shall be also limited to pre-defined purposes and takes necessary measures for appropriate handling of personal information.
- J-LIS takes reasonable safety measures and preventive and corrective actions against unauthorized access and risks such as loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information.
- In response to the request, complaint or consultation from the person concerning his/her personal information, J-LIS promptly takes appropriate actions such as disclosure, correction, deletion and termination of use of the personal information.
- When all or part of the handling of personal information is entrusted to J-LIS, it takes appropriate measures to protect personal information.
- When J-LIS entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information, J-LIS selects a company which takes sufficient personal information protection measures and takes appropriate measures.
Handling of Personal Information
Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems recognizes the importance of personal information on this website and in order to enhance the protection of personal information, based on the “Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems” and other rules, personal information is handled as follows.
Personal information is information collected on this website which is about an individual and which can identify the specific individual by a name, birth date and other description included in the information (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual).
Collection of personal information
When Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems collects personal information by way of this website, the purpose of use is explicitly stated, and in principle, information will be supplied intentionally by the person concerned.
The purpose of use of personal information
Collected personal information will be used for the following purpose and not to be used for other purposes.
- To confirm the details of inquiries and to respond to inquiries.
Restrictions of the use of personal information
Collected personal information will be used within the scope of the explicitly stated purpose of collection, and except in cases where there are special reasons such as required by laws, in principle, personal information will not be disclosed or provided to a third party without prior consent of the person concerned.
Provision of personal information to a third party
Collected personal information will not be provided to any third party unless the person concerned has agreed to do so or it is required by law.
Management of personal information
Collected personal information will be strictly managed by taking appropriate and reasonable safety measures to prevent risks such as leakage, alteration and loss through unauthorized access from outside, etc. As for personal information which is no longer necessary to retain, such information will be promptly disposed of or erased.
Outsourcing of handling of personal information
Within the scope of the purpose of use, the handling of personal information may be entrusted to another company etc. with whom an agreement on the handling of personal information is concluded.
When outsourcing the service, only personal information necessary to provide services for the person concerned will be disclosed and such information is not used for any purpose other than providing services. Also we will appropriately manage and supervise the entrusted company.
Disclosure of personal information to be disclosed and contact information
When we receive a request from a person concerned about personal information to be disclosed in our possession for the notification of the purpose of use, disclosure of such information, correction, addition to or deletion of the content of such information, termination of use, or erasure of such information (“disclosure, etc.”) related to that person, we will comply with the request.
If you wish to make a request for disclosure, etc. of your personal information or if you have other inquiries about personal information, please contact the following “Personal Information Consultation Service.”
When we provide disclosure, etc. of your personal information, we may ask you to present a copy of identification document (Basic Resident Registration Card, passport, driver’s license, etc.).
■Personal Information Consultation Service
- – General Affairs Section, Administrative Department, Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems
- – Postal code: 102-8419
- – Address: 25 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo (7F, Zenkoku Choson Giin Kaikan)
- – Phone: 03-5214-8000
- – FAX: 03-5214-8055
* This Consultation Service is for inquiries, etc. of personal information. For other inquiries or opinions, please click on Contuct us to see the details.
Restriction when personal information is not registered
If you do not register all or part of your personal information, you may not use the services provided on this website.
Protection of data
This website uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encoding technology on the page where a personal information registration form is provided.
Person in charge of the handling of personal information
Director (Chief Risk Officer), Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems