The “My Number” Individual Number Card point system website is now live!
○ What is the “My Number” Individual Number Card point system?
An economic revitalization strategy using “My Number” Individual Number Cards.
Renewal of Individual Number Card and Electronic Certificate
○ Validation period for Individual Number Card (My Number Card) is 10 years (5 years for persons under 20 years of age) and 5 years for the electronic certificate stored in the card.
The notification will be sent to those whose expiration date is approaching about two to three month in advance.
Renewal procedure is described in the brochure enclosed with the notification of validation period.
○ About renewal procedure.
No fee is required for the renewal of Individual Number Card and the electronic certificate.
【If your Application ID is written on the notification】
There is a QR code for application form for issuance on the right side of the Application ID.
Please use a smartphone application using the QR code.
【If your Application form ID is not written on the notification】
Please bring necessary documents (speficied on the notification) to your local municipal office.
Precautions when applying an Individual Number Card
○ Online application recommended.
It takes about 3 ~ 4 weeks * from the application for issuance of the Individual Number Card to the delivery of Individual Number Card to the municipalities. However, by using the online application and the identification photo machine, the delivery period of Individual Number Card to the municipalities can be shortened even though the difference is a few days compared to the application by mail.
※ Excluding cases with errors in the application, etc.
○ Please be careful when you take an ID photograph.
The most common cause of reapplication (deficiency in application) when reviewing the application of Individual Number Card is the defect of ID photograph. In the case of online applications in particular, nearly 80% of reapplications (deficiency in application) are due to the defect of ID photograph.
■ Examples of deficiencies in ID photograph
- Photograph taken too close to the lens (Selfie, etc.).
A part of the face is cut.
- Photograph taken inside with an object (a part of furniture, etc.) in the background.
When taking pictures, please use a plain wall, etc. as a background.
About the envelope for sending the application form(s) for issuance of the Individual Number Card
○ There are some envelopes that you can use even the valid period for sending is past.
You can download and use the address board with a valid period until March 31, 2021 here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
About Application and Issuance of Individual Number Cards
Apply using the enclosed application card.
Your Notice of Issuance (postcard) arrives by post.
Go to the Issuance Office
After confirming your identity, you will be asked to set a PIN.
- An application is required to receive your Individual Number Card.
You can apply via the application form included with your Notification Card, online, or at a local ID photo booth*.
*Some ID photo booths do not support applications.
- To submit an application after relocation, please request a new application form from your local municipal office when submitting your address change documents, or download a form from here.
- After submitting your application, there is a 3-week processing period until your card is created.
After this, your card will be sent through the postal service to your local municipal office, which will handle any final issuance procedures and send you a notice of issuance by mail. Please wait until you receive this notice.
- If you move to a different municipality before receiving your notice of issuance, you must reapply. Please complete procedures for reapplication when you are registering your address at your new municipal office.
*In the case of government designated ordinance cities, it is outside the area
- After receiving your notice of issuance, you yourself should visit the service counter by the date described on the issuance notification with required things.
*Only if you are not able to visit the place to receive your card due to your sickness, physical disability, or other unavoidable reasons, your representative can receive your card.
The Individual Number Card has a lot of advantages:
※Please contact your municipality for more details, as services are different depending on the municipality.